HUMILITY – IT TAKES STRETCHING!
Preface: We continue our journey to the top, using God’s promises found in the scroll of Deuteronomy chapter 28:1-13 as our guide. God’s word is true and because of its veracity there will be a day when every word will be fulfilled. This series is designed to educate us on What It Takes To Get To The Top and though we cannot cover everything, I have chosen three specific criteria, Wisdom, Humility, & Money to make my case. In Part II we will look at the quality of humility, a willingness to choose the lower seat in life before being invited to the higher seat. We are destined for the chief seats in life, but we must first be comfortable in the lower seats!
1. 2ND REASON FOR THE TOP: WE ARE GOD’S CROWNING GLORY!
• Doxa = We Are God’s Brilliance In The World, (Ps. 8:5).
• Doxa = We Are God’s Brightness In The World, (Matt. 5:14).
• Doxa = We Are God’s Best In The World, (Dan. 1:20).
• Lesson: Shine Child Of God, Shine! (Matt. 5:16).
2. HUMILITY: BENDING TO THE TOP “Stretching For The Sake Of The Top!”
• Humility = Bending Under To Be Exalted Over, (1 Peter 5:6). God 1st!
• Humility = Seated Lower To Be Shifted Higher, (Luke 14:10). Heart 2nd!
• Humility = Looking Downward To Be Lifted Upward, (Prov. 25:6-7). People 3rd!
• Lesson: Bend Child Of God, Bend! (Luke 14:11).
3. HUMILITY: BOWING TO THE TOP “Sense Toward Those At The Top!”
• Honor = Intelligence To Know Your Age, (1 Peter 5:5).
• Honor = Intelligence To Know Your Achievements, (Phil. 2:8).
• Honor = Intelligence To Know Your Advisors, (Lev. 19:32).
• Lesson: Honor Child Of God, Honor! (Eph. 6:2-3).
PRAYER: FATHER, BEND US DOWN TO LIFT US UP!!