WISDOM – IT TAKES SKILL!
Preface: Christians have long delighted in the promises of Deuteronomy chapter 28:1-13. Wonderful ideals such as being blessed in the city and in the field, being blessed as we come in and as we go out, being lenders and not borrowers, all culminating with the crescendo of being the head and not the tail, above only and never beneath. This powerful passage engenders both emotion and expectation, the only challenge is that we have not seen it lived out. In this series I want to delve into what it would take to get us there, or as it is titled What It Takes To Get To The Top. Though we cannot cover everything, I want us to look at three specific criteria, Wisdom, Humility, & Money. In Part I we will take a closer look at the concept of wisdom as skill; skill that makes one great at their craft yet guarded in life.
1. 1ST REASON FOR THE TOP: WE ARE GOD’S IMAGE!
- Imago Dei = Latin For Reflectors Of The Divine Qualities, (Gen. 1:27).
- Image Of God = We Are The Mirror Of God In The Earth, (John 14:9).
2. WISDOM DEFINED AS SKILL: An Artful, Cunning, Subtle Intelligence!
- Skill = The Best Definition For Wisdom. Hebrew = Hokmah
- Skill = The Beginning Of All Things, (Prov. 4:7). A Fountainhead Of Life!
- Skill = The Beginning Of God’s Ways, (Prov. 8:22). An Instrument Of Creativity!
- Skill = The Beginning Of Satanic Tactics, (Gen. 3:1). An Instrument Of Subtlety!
- Skill = The Best Gift That One Can Ask For, (James 1:5-6). A Gift For The Asking!
- Lesson: The Top Is A Position For The Wise, (Matt. 10:16).
3. SKILL: BE GREAT AT IT! “Skill Empowers You To Be Sharp!”
- NO = If Mediocre Is Your Mindset, Do Not Start It! (Ps. 8:1).
- NO = If Average Is Your Limit, Do Not Stay In It! (Dan. 1:20).
- YES = If Great Is Your Goal, Then Step Into It! (Prov. 12:26).
- Lesson: The Top Is A Journey Into Your Greatness, (Dan. 12:3).
4. SKILL: BE GUARDED FOR IT! “Skill Empowers You To See!”
- See & Avoid The Traps, (Prov. 1:17). Save Yourself!
- See & Avert The Darts, (Eph. 6:16). Shield Yourself!
- See & Advance Beyond The Snares, (2 Cor. 2:11). Sanctify Yourself!
- Lesson: The Top Is Reached By Sidestepping The Traps, (Prov. 4:18).
PRAYER: FATHER, BLESS US WITH YOUR WISDOM FOR THE TOP!!