THE RIGHT VIEW OF THE DEVIL
Preface: As we conclude this series lets take a closer look at the chief antagonist of God and humanity, the devil. Over the years there have been many images and presentations made of the devil. Fanciful images of a long-tailed creature with a red pitchfork or an angelic creature with horns, these caricatures are the product of our imaginations and not the Scriptures. In Part 3 we will take a biblical look at this creature to get The Right View Of The Devil. We must be careful never to equate the devil with God as His opposite. For example, God and the devil are often placed in the same sentence, God being good and the devil being evil. The truth however is that God and the devil are not opposite, rather they are Creator and creature. None of God’s attributes are to be ascribed to him. He is not omnipresent, nor omniscient, and he is certainly not omnipotent. The right view of our adversary will enable us to better respond to his deceptive devices and to overcome with villainous tactics.
1. THE DEVIL IS AN ANGEL NOT GOD: A Fallen Angel!
- Angels Are God’s Ministering Spirits, (Ps. 103:20). Angelic Ministers!
- Angels Are God’s Military Hosts, (1 Kings 22:19). Angelic Armies!
- Angels Are God’s Created Company, (Heb. 12:22). Angelic Creatures!
- The Devil Is All Of The Above, But Fallen, (Isa. 14:12). A Wicked Spirit!
- The Devil, Though Fallen, Remains In God’s Service, (Job 1:6). Angelic Servant!
- Lesson: God Is In Control Not The Devil!
2. THE DEVIL IS AN ADVERSARY NOT A FRIEND: A Defeated Deceiver!
- Satan Is An Adversary/Opposer, (1 Kings 11:14).
- Divine Opposition: He Opposes God 1st And Cannot Win! (Rev. 12:7-8).
- Human Opposition: He Opposes People 2nd, And Will Not Win, (1 John 4:4).
- The Cross Has Rendered Him A Defeated Adversary! (Col. 2:15).
- Deception & Lies Are The Chief Satanic Strategies, (2 Cor. 4:4).
- Lesson: The Devil Is A Defeated Deceiver!
3. THE DEVIL IS AN ACCUSER NEVER A SUPPORTER: A Wicked Slanderer!
- #1 Demonic Device Is Division, (1 Cor. 3:3). No To Division, Seek Unity! (Ps. 133:1)
- #2 Demonic Device Is Discord, (Prov. 6:19). No To Gossip, Speak Truth! (Prov. 12:19)
- #3 Demonic Device is Slander, (Rev. 12:9-11). No To Slander, Speak Well Of Others!
- Lesson: We Will Not Play On The Devil’s Team!
PRAYER: FATHER, HELP US TO SEE OUR ADVERSARY AS HE IS!