THE RIGHT VIEW OF GOD
Preface: Perspective is powerful. In life how we view things matters. The same is true of God. A correct view of God is important because it shapes how we relate to Him, how we view ourselves, how we view others, and how we view our adversary, the devil. Perspective is one of the reasons why there are four Gospel accounts. All four are written about the same person, Jesus Christ, however from four differing perspectives. The Right View series aims to shed more light on our perspectives of God, ourselves, and our enemy the devil. Part 1 focuses on The Right View Of God; an infinite God who is big enough, strong enough, and good enough to provide us with the confidence that nothing will ever overcome us.
1. A VIEW FROM THE PERCH OF HUMILITY:
It is said that God created us in His own image, but men in turn created God in their own image. The product being a faulty view of God created by culture, ethnicity, or experience, instead of a view base solely upon Scripture or the embodiment of Scripture, Jesus Christ.
- Theology Is God-Word = Only God Can Adequately Define Himself! (John 1:18).
- A View Of The Unknown = A Limit To Our Knowledge, (Phil. 3:10).
- A View Of The Infinite = A Limit To Our Comprehension, (Rom. 11:33).
- A View Thru A Dark Glass = A Limit To His Description, (1 Cor. 13:12).
- It is amazing how many people think they know God; Memorize a few scriptures and they know God however, the more God reveals of Himself, the more awe we should be in at how little we know about Him. True knowledge of God produces humility not arrogance.
- Lesson: Let God Speak For Himself!
2. A VIEW OF A GOD WHO IS BIG ENOUGH & STRONG ENOUGH:
- God Is Everywhere At All Times In The Totality Of Himself, (Ps. 139:7).
- Key: There Is No Conceivable Place That God Cannot Be Found, (Ps. 139:8-10).
- God Is As Big As We See Him, (Eph. 3:20).
- Key: All Power Starts & Ends With God, (Rom. 13:1)
- We Must Understand The Circle Of Power, (John 19:11).
- Whatever Power We Need God’s Got It! (Eph. 6:10).
- Lesson: God Is Bigger Than Our Greatest Challenge!
3. A VIEW OF A GOD WHO IS GOOD ENOUGH:
- God Is Eternal Love: Loving Us Before We Loved Him, (1 John 4:16).
- God Is Eternal Goodness: Good On Our Worst Days, (Ps. 107:1-2).
- Lesson: God’s Love Guarantees God’s Goodness Toward Us!
God’s love does not start when we come to Jesus, rather our experience of it begins at that time; nothing we do makes God stop loving us, however we can stop experiencing His Love.
PRAYER: FATHER, HELP US TO SEE YOU AS YOU ARE!