9. THE IMPORTANCE OF VISION, PEOPLE, AND ALIGNMENT:
a. VISION: What Do You See? (Luke 6:39-40)
- Vision is a picture of a desired future, good or bad, (Hab. 2:2).
- Vision separates the men from the boys, the called from the cruising, the sent from the went, and the authentic from the pretenders.
- Vision ensures that people don’t waste years and purpose, (Prov. 29:18a).
- In every organization vision is king! (Luke 6:39)
b. MISSION: Why Are You Here? (John 18:37)
- Vision gives birth to Mission.
- Mission is the reason for your existence, (raison d’etre).
- Mission outlines the problem(s) that you exist to solve.
- Mission is the roadmap that takes you to your end.
- Missions requires Values to ensure ethical foundations.
- Mission requires Strategic Objectives = Changing signposts along the journey.
- Mission requires continued Assessment = Checkpoints for and of completion.
c. PEOPLE: Who Is With You? (Psalm 23:4)
- People are your greatest assets and your greatest liabilities, (ask Moses).
- People must be chosen carefully, (Luke 6:12-13).
- People must be chosen by qualifications, (Matthew 25:14-15).
- People must be chosen according to heart, (1 Samuel 14:7).
d. ALIGNMENT: Is Vision & People Properly Aligned? (Amos 3:3)
- Alignment means everyone is where they are supposed to be.
- Agreement means that everyone is onboard with the vision and mission.
- Advantage is what you will have when people and vision are properly aligned.
- Simple Governance Phrase: “This does not align with our vision!”