COUNTING THE COST!
Preface: As we conclude our series on Success Secrets let us take a moment to consider the cost of success. It must be stated that in life nothing is free, everything comes at a cost, even our success. As we learn by studying the life of Jesus Christ, there can be no crown without a cross, there is no gain without loss, and there is no glory without pain. All of this is the act of counting the cost, a willingness to assess the cost of the journey and a decision that the price for success is worth paying. In Part 3 of this series, we will look at how to determine which battles to fight, how to gain through losing and finally, how to endure the cross to enter the glory. In the end our success is assured if we count the cost and are willing to pay the price.
1. BATTLES BY SPOILS: (Luke 14:31-32)
- Choosing The Battle: Every Fight Is Not Our Fight.
- Counting The Spoils: Examine The Return Before Charging.
- Convincing The Soul: Enter The Battle With Conviction.
- Lesson: Success Is In The Battles We Fight!
2. GAINS BY LOSSES: (Matthew 16:24-25)
- Surrender 1st: Your Life In His Life. In Christ! (2 Cor. 5:17)
- Sacrifice 2nd: Your Life For His Life. For Christ! (2 Cor. 8:9)
- Secure 3rd: Your Life As His Life. As Christ! (1 John 4:17b)
- Lesson: Success Is In Sacrificial Living!
3. GLORY BY CROSSES: (John 19:16-17)
- Centurions & Whipping = Pain Is Brutally Real, (John 19:1-3).
- Criticism & Words = Pain Alters Reality (John 19:6-7)
- Crosses & Wounds = Pain Leaves Scars (John 19:34)
- Crowns & Worlds = Pain Opens Doors (Luke 24:26)
- Lesson: Success Is Tied To Pain, Pain Is Tied To Promise!
PRAYER: FATHER, GIVE US WISDOM TO COUNT THE COST OF OUR SUCCESS!