FAILURE IS OUR FRIEND
Preface: God has marked His people for success. His will is that we succeed in life, however, there are some secrets we must first know. In this series, we will look at some of them; practical truths that steer us from the wrong path onto the path to success. In Part I we will examine the role that failure plays in pursuit of success. Though many have viewed failure as a negative, we will turn this around and show how failure is in fact a friend. To quote Bob Hoskins, “I have failed more than I have succeeded, and it is on the ashes of those failures that all my success has been built.” God reminds us that “all things work together for good to them that love Him and are called according to His purpose,” (Romans 8:28). I encourage you to fail forward!!
FAILURE = The Difference Between Being A Mistake & Making A Mistake; The Devil Tries To Convince Us That We Are A Mistake, God Tells Us We Have Made a Mistake!
1. SINKING, BUT STEPPING OUT: (Matt. 14:25-32)
- Step Out Even When Conditions Say No. Fearful Waters!
- Step Out Even When Companions Will Not. Fearful Friends!
- Step Out Even When Confidence Is Low. Fearful Feet!
- Lesson: Talk Is Only Cheap When Our Feet Will Not Join In!
2. TOILING, BUT TRYING AGAIN: (Luke 5:4-7)
- Effort = Willingness To Listen To Advise. The Wise Take Advise!
- Effort = Willingness To Look At Another Angle. Same Ship, Same Water, Different Angle; Different Results Are Just Another Angle Away!
- Effort = Willingness To Leverage Associates. One Catch, Many Ships!
- Lesson: Success Is Effort, Not Ethereal!
3. CURSING, BUT STILL COMMITTED: (Matt. 26:69-75)
- When People Corner = Affirm Your Commitment. They Heard You Right!
- When Roosters Crow = Admit Your Error. Mistakes Are Momentary!
- When Day Comes = Acknowledge Your Night. About Last Night!
- Lesson: God Has Blessed The Journey, Even If We Have Cursed The Moment!
PRAYER: FATHER, BLESS US TO FAIL FORWARD!