Preface: In the book of Acts, we read the account of early church’s reception of Holy Spirit. The text records the initial sign of their infilling as the act of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. The traditional interpretation is that they spoke in an unknown language, and this should be the experience of every believer. In Part 2 of our series, I would like to suggest another way of interpreting this ancient text. Using today’s message Speaking Beyond! may I suggest that perhaps God is revealing to us the importance of our speech in breaking barriers. The lesson is that the way we speak either limits us or looses us. Could it be that an evidence of being Spirit-filled is found in the way we speak? It’s time to speak beyond!
1. UNCOMMON SPEECH:
- Clean Speech: Undefiled Language, (Zeph. 3:9).
- Clear Speech: Understandable Language, (Acts 2:8).
- Captivating Speech: Undeniable Language, (John 7:46).
- Lesson: It’s Time For Speech That Is Pure, Practical, & Powerful!
2. UNUSUAL SPEECH:
- Local Speech: Speaking To Those Closest To Us, (Acts 1:8a).
- Lengthening Speech: Speaking To Those A Little Further From Us, (Acts 1:8b).
- Limitless Speech: Speaking Beyond Our Borders, (Acts 1:8c).
- Lesson: It’s Time To Speak More Than One Language!
3. UNIVERSAL SPEECH:
- Hebrew: The Language Of The Learned, (John 19:20a).
- Greek: The Language Of The Left-Out, (John 19:20b).
- Latin: The Language Of The Leaders, (John 19:20c).
- Lesson: It’s Time To Speak On Every Level Of Life!
PRAYER: FATHER, BLESS US WITH NEW TONGUES!